What is Actuate UK?
- Actuate UK is the ‘go to’ organisation for Government and key stakeholders within the built environment for the engineering services sector;
- We provide thought leadership, expertise and practical guidance;
- Our purpose is to instigate and effect positive change in our industry to facilitate a better built environment for all;
- We represent the wider engineering services sector in the built environment with one shared voice;
- Actuate UK will be active in the devolved nations and aims to work in partnership with sector bodies operating in those nations;
- Initially, Actuate UK will represent the interests of the sector on four key issues: the new post-Covid world of business; implementation of Building Safety Act – post-Grenfell competence and compliance; skills for the future; and climate crisis and UK's net zero target.
What Are Engineering Services?
Actuate UK represents a sector comprising some 40% of UK construction activity by value and which provides engineering services to UK buildings and infrastructure that contribute hundreds of billions annually to the economy.
The sector comprises over 60,000 firms and over 350,000 skilled professionals, employees and contractors.
This sector is highly significant in delivering UK buildings and infrastructure (the built environment).
Engineering services is at the heart of the built environment – we bring buildings and infrastructure to life.
Why Actuate UK?
‘Actuate’ is a very positive, action-based and forward moving verb.
Engineering services professionals actuate the built environment. We take structures and bring them to life; making them operationally productive.
As a proactive alliance, we will actuate and motivate industry, Government and stakeholders to collectively deliver a better built environment.